DEBE?
o***@gmail.com
2015-04-15 15:50:51 UTC
My dad wrote it at IBM in 1965 for the system S360. He's currently describing it to me and it's a certain kind of awesome.

Michelle, who finds dead threads on the internet.
Dan Espen
2015-04-15 16:15:12 UTC
My dad wrote it at IBM in 1965 for the system S360. He's currently
describing it to me and it's a certain kind of awesome.
Michelle, your dad is a hero.
That's no small accomplishment.
Michelle, who finds dead threads on the internet.
We're not dead yet.
DEBE may be gone, but not forgotten.

This page puts DEBE in 1963:

http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/ibm-360-30.html

Can't see how that's possible.
Dan Espen
Bob Martin
2015-04-15 16:59:41 UTC
Post by Dan Espen
My dad wrote it at IBM in 1965 for the system S360. He's currently
describing it to me and it's a certain kind of awesome.
Michelle, your dad is a hero.
That's no small accomplishment.
Michelle, who finds dead threads on the internet.
We're not dead yet.
DEBE may be gone, but not forgotten.
http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/ibm-360-30.html
Can't see how that's possible.
I first encountered DEBE and Superzap early in 1966.
I was on an OS/360 internals course, using release 4/5
Ric Fink
2021-01-31 23:09:54 UTC
My dad wrote it at IBM in 1965 for the system S360. He's currently describing it to me and it's a certain kind of awesome.
Michelle, who finds dead threads on the internet.
Michele, is your dad still with us? I have an original copy of debe on a small "2400 ft" tape real. Might he be interested in it?

It save my butt a thousand times in my days with IBM s?360's and s/370's.

-Ric
Lowell DeFrance
2021-10-31 19:48:43 UTC
Post by Ric Fink
My dad wrote it at IBM in 1965 for the system S360. He's currently describing it to me and it's a certain kind of awesome.
Michelle, who finds dead threads on the internet.
Michele, is your dad still with us? I have an original copy of debe on a small "2400 ft" tape real. Might he be interested in it?
It save my butt a thousand times in my days with IBM s?360's and s/370's.
-Ric
Hi Ric, I'm still around at 86. Just noticed this exchange between you and my daughter today. Hope you are well too.
Lowell DeFrance, vry retired in Woodstock, IL