BBS: The Documentary.
2024-02-29 08:14:32 UTC
Hello guys,

This is probably common knowledge in this group, but for the benefit and
joy of any new comers (such as myself) and if you're interested in the
good old BBS space, I recommend this documentary:

Enjoy!

Those were the days! I remember my own little 1 line BBS called Panic.
Towards the end of the BBS era, games had gotten so big that it was easier
to grab the disk and actually physically go to the user and copy the games
and then upload them onto the BBS locally instead of over 28.8 or 56.6
modems.
Ant
2024-02-29 19:20:03 UTC
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLop3s1hMlSJKXqmuFjK7gbJh2WAyllTTY is another good one, and it's newer. ;)
I miss those days.
http://youtu.be/Dddbe9OuJLU
--
"Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation..." --Luke 2:29-30. Leap (Thurs)day before a possible March madness.
| |o o| |
( )

modems.
Ant
2024-03-01 08:09:46 UTC
You're welcome. :)
Post by D
Hello guys,
This is probably common knowledge in this group, but for the benefit and
joy of any new comers (such as myself) and if you're interested in the
http://youtu.be/Dddbe9OuJLU
Enjoy!
Those were the days! I remember my own little 1 line BBS called Panic.
Towards the end of the BBS era, games had gotten so big that it was easier
to grab the disk and actually physically go to the user and copy the games
and then upload them onto the BBS locally instead of over 28.8 or 56.6
modems.
--
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." --1 John 3:1. March Madness begins? Shogun is good, but it didn't need to be rated TV-MA.
| |o o| |
( )
Andreas Kohlbach
2024-03-01 01:38:13 UTC
Post by D
This is probably common knowledge in this group, but for the benefit
and joy of any new comers (such as myself) and if you're interested in
http://youtu.be/Dddbe9OuJLU
Enjoy!
I watched that many years ago. Highly recommended.
--
Andreas