50 years of VME - BCS talk *TODAY* (10/June/2024)
Ian
2024-06-10 12:45:25 UTC
Apologies for the short notice, only found out about it just now.
May be of interest to some here:

"Take a journey through 50 years of VME - from the first platform
and operating system to the current environment", talk by Kevin
Hughes, ICL/Fujitsu Fellow Emeritus.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hybrid-50-years-of-vme-stoke-on-trent-and-staffordshire-branch-registration-893683550557

Free event, online only, registration required.

Agenda
------
18:00 Registration
18:45 Welcome and introduction to Stoke BCS
19:00 50 years of VME
20:00 Questions and answers and wrap-up
20:30 Event ends

Times are BST (GMT+1)

(I personally worked with Kevin for many years, from SY to "AppEx")
--
Ian

"Tamahome!!!" - "Miaka!!!"
Bob Eager
2024-06-10 14:10:26 UTC
Post by Ian
Free event, online only, registration required.
Agenda ------
18:00 Registration 18:45 Welcome and introduction to Stoke BCS 19:00 50
years of VME 20:00 Questions and answers and wrap-up 20:30 Event ends
Times are BST (GMT+1)
(I personally worked with Kevin for many years, from SY to "AppEx")
Looks interesting, but can't make it today. Will it ne recorded?

(I used VME only a very small amount, but worked on VME/K (quite
different) for three years until we dumped it; just as well as ICL dumped
it later)
--
Using UNIX since v6 (1975)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
Ian
2024-06-10 14:30:25 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
Looks interesting, but can't make it today. Will it ne recorded?
Don't know. If it is, and it's publically available, I'll post a link here.
--
Ian

"Tamahome!!!" - "Miaka!!!"
Bob Eager
2024-06-10 15:09:09 UTC
Post by Ian
Post by Bob Eager
Looks interesting, but can't make it today. Will it ne recorded?
Don't know. If it is, and it's publically available, I'll post a link here.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the Member Groups channel on YouTube.

http://www.mirrorservice.org
Ian
2024-07-03 14:28:01 UTC
Post by Ian
Post by Bob Eager
Looks interesting, but can't make it today. Will it ne recorded?
Don't know. If it is, and it's publically available, I'll post a link here.
Finally...

https://www.bcs.org/events-calendar/2024/june/hybrid-event-50-years-of-vme-stoke-on-trent-and-staffordshire-branch

--
Ian

"Tamahome!!!" - "Miaka!!!"
Bob Eager
2024-07-03 19:03:02 UTC
On 2024-06-10, Ian
<${send-direct-email-to-news1021-at-jusme-dot-com-if-you-must}
@jusme.com>
Post by Ian
Post by Bob Eager
Looks interesting, but can't make it today. Will it ne recorded?
Don't know. If it is, and it's publically available, I'll post a link here.
Finally...
https://www.bcs.org/events-calendar/2024/june/hybrid-event-50-years-of-
vme-stoke-on-trent-and-staffordshire-branch
http://youtu.be/cMLqA1JMqAE
I was actually sent it by YouTube a few days ago! Not that I've had a
chance to watch it yet.

You might be interested in what we did when we dumped VME/K (before ICL
did); unfortunately the speaker is me:

There is another one, but it is slightly abridged.