Keyboard with two languages
maidq
2021-09-17 14:09:33 UTC
Greetings, I am looking for a custom language solution where I can have two language side by side.
One of the language would be uyghur arabic and the latin variant and the another one would be my language japanese. I thought I can solve the problem with stickers, but at the same time I think it will not work. I've check the website https://keycapscustom.com/ where I usually buy custom keycaps but they don't have anything like that.

Any suggestion from you guys? Thank you!!
J. Clarke
2021-09-17 15:14:45 UTC
Post by maidq
Greetings, I am looking for a custom language solution where I can have two language side by side.
One of the language would be uyghur arabic and the latin variant and the another one would be my language japanese. I thought I can solve the problem with stickers, but at the same time I think it will not work. I've check the website https://keycapscustom.com/ where I usually buy custom keycaps but they don't have anything like that.
Any suggestion from you guys? Thank you!!
Dye sublimation.

<https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/gu1qmc/diy_how_to_make_custom_dye_sublimated_keycaps/>
Quadibloc
2021-09-18 04:11:58 UTC
Post by J. Clarke
Post by maidq
Greetings, I am looking for a custom language solution where I can have two language side by side.
One of the language would be uyghur arabic and the latin variant and the another one would be my language japanese. I thought I can solve the problem with stickers, but at the same time I think it will not work. I've check the website https://keycapscustom.com/ where I usually buy custom keycaps but they don't have anything like that.
Any suggestion from you guys? Thank you!!
Dye sublimation.
<https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/gu1qmc/diy_how_to_make_custom_dye_sublimated_keycaps/>
This post inspired me to look up this Wikipedia article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_alphabets

which describes the scripts in question. A related Wikipedia article mentioned this book

https://archive.org/details/tangutskotibets00obshgoog/

without providing a link to it, which omission I remedied.

John Savard