IBM and shoes
Add Reply
h***@bbs.cpcn.com
2020-09-10 17:56:06 UTC
IBM had large plants and offices in Endicott, NY*.
Also in the city was the once large Endicott Johnson
Shoe Company. Watson Jr spoke of his dealings
with their crusty CEO in his memoir.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endicott_Johnson_Corporation

https://archive.org/details/the-saturday-evening-post-1955-04-02/page/n110/mode/1up

* I'm not sure what IBM has left in Endicott today.
The company has shrunk so much and abandoned facilities.
In the past there was a beautiful education building
and research lab. Endicott was responsible for
developing some key IBM products, in competition
with Poughkeepsie.
John Levine
2020-09-10 20:15:43 UTC
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
* I'm not sure what IBM has left in Endicott today.
Nothing. The main IBM building is now owned by a company called I3
Electronics which does contract electronic manufacturing.
--
Regards,
John Levine, ***@taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
2020-09-10 23:12:43 UTC
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
IBM had large plants and offices in Endicott, NY*.
Also in the city was the once large Endicott Johnson
Shoe Company. Watson Jr spoke of his dealings
with their crusty CEO in his memoir.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endicott_Johnson_Corporation
https://archive.org/details/the-saturday-evening-post-1955-04-02/page/n110/mode/1up
* I'm not sure what IBM has left in Endicott today.
The company has shrunk so much and abandoned facilities.
In the past there was a beautiful education building
and research lab. Endicott was responsible for
developing some key IBM products, in competition
with Poughkeepsie.
Visited there once, beautiful old buildings, kept up to look like new.