Calculator ads 1974
Add Reply
h***@bbs.cpcn.com
2020-08-25 21:34:55 UTC
Saw these ads. Don't know if the prices are just a fake
list price or actual price.

TI SR-51 $225 pg 17
http://bitsavers.org/magazines/Electronic_Design/Electronic_Design_V23_N05_19750301.pdf

HP 65 $800 pg 72
http://bitsavers.org/magazines/Electronic_Design/Electronic_Design_V22_N15_19740719.pdf

As a recall those times, prices dropped significantly each year.
J. Clarke
2020-08-25 22:07:58 UTC
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
Saw these ads. Don't know if the prices are just a fake
list price or actual price.
TI SR-51 $225 pg 17
http://bitsavers.org/magazines/Electronic_Design/Electronic_Design_V23_N05_19750301.pdf
HP 65 $800 pg 72
http://bitsavers.org/magazines/Electronic_Design/Electronic_Design_V22_N15_19740719.pdf
As a recall those times, prices dropped significantly each year.
The HPs you bought direct from HP so there was only one price, unless
an employer or a college cut a deal, then there might be a little bit
of discount but not much.
danny burstein
2020-08-25 22:19:19 UTC
Post by h***@bbs.cpcn.com
Saw these ads. Don't know if the prices are just a fake
list price or actual price.
TI SR-51 $225 pg 17
http://bitsavers.org/magazines/Electronic_Design/Electronic_Design_V23_N05_19750301.pdf
HP 65 $800 pg 72
http://bitsavers.org/magazines/Electronic_Design/Electronic_Design_V22_N15_19740719.pdf
Eyup. I purchased an HP-65 back in Feb, 1974 for that price.

That's also when I learned about Defense Procurement Acts.

The Feds grabbed up the next few months of production, so
instead of getting my HP-65 in two weeks, it was months
and months...
***@panix.com